Starting small


These past few days I have been thinking of possible themes to post here. Digital Photography School suggests a cool list of weekly themes for anyone's 365 project. I will be using it as future reference. Another cool venture is Sabrina Henry's One Mile Project. That I will do also in the coming months.


Since I had the Lensbaby composer in the last post. It made me think of posting the first lens I really enjoyed and was able to express total creativity with. The 50mm f1.8 + Raynox DCR-250 Super Macro lens!  




Flowers were most of my small subjects (if not droplets during the rainy months). They are irresistible. You can produce some wonderful abstracts when played with a large aperture. The other night I gave the combo a spin with the flower basket our friend Keiko sent us. More interesting is that the flowers had dried up. You could also visit my Flickr for more shots. 





I also tried it with some pasta & grains and jewelry themes. The pasta & grains was a failure. Something was off with the outcome and I was not pleased with it. The jewelry needs some polishing. It may well be my next theme. I was also wondering what it looks like when taken with a 50mm f1.2 L.     


The above shot was taken with the kit lens + Raynox DCR-250. I felt sorry for my kit lens. It has been more than 2 years that I have not use it. In my ignorance with lenses at that time I purchased it together with Tank for reasons that I could still use my filters (CPL, ND) and other accessories from the S3IS on it. I am not saying it is useless. One situation that I think it would come handy would be in "dangerous" places (think snatch and run) and I would be using f8 all the way. One day I may give it away or sell it.

By the way it is the 5th day since the Chinese New Year. So, congratulations and wishing you prosperity everyone! Hope you enjoyed this post.

Comments

  1. ang husay rad!! panalo ang mga shots! i lurv it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice theme! I like the 2nd and last pic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Winston the 2nd and last pix were both taken 2008.

    @Pot thank you. good luck also on your 365 project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. katek na nanginginig sa takotFebruary 8, 2011 at 7:37 PM

    seriously.
    7th, 9-10th gusto ko :D

    parang painting yung 7th and 10th.
    yung 9th gusto ko yung sharpness vs. the blurryness :p

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts